Chinese Women’s Association
Social Service Leaders Exchange Programme
Established by the Ee Peng Liang Memorial Fund under the auspices of the NUS Department of Social Work, the Chinese Women’s Association (CWA) graciously supports the Social Service Leaders Exchange Programme to enhance skills and professional development of promising young social work and service leaders in the region to promote philanthropy and social development. The programme is funded by the generosity of Mr Richard YM Eu in memory of his mother, the late Mrs Diana Eu, and also to commemorate the 90th birthday of Mrs Betty Chen, Immediate Past President & Patron of Chinese Women’s Association.
About 15 social service leaders from Asia and in particular ASEAN, will be selected to come to Singapore to learn and to share their experiences in their own communities with Singapore social work and service practitioners. This programme will also provide opportunities for professionals in our social service field to learn about current issues faced by their counterparts in different countries in the region.
The two-week programme will be held in Singapore, under the auspices of the Department of Social Work, National University of Singapore from the 12th to the 25th of June 2017.
Participants would be involved in the following activities:
- A short placement in a family service centre in Singapore to gain some understanding of social work case management in Singapore.
- Exposure to an area of specialization, which may include the fields of community development, family violence, working with disabilities, mental health social work, and other aspects.
- Workshops in relevant areas of interest, which may include case management, advocacy, programme evaluation and other areas.
- Participants would be expected to conduct a workshop to a local audience as part of a knowledge sharing experience. The workshop is to be related to the area of work that participants are involved or interested in.
- At the end of the learning experience, participants would also be required to deliver presentations with their local Singaporean counterparts on practical ideas to move social services forward in their relevant social contexts, both locally and internationally.
DR. Ee Peng Liang Memorial Fund
“Regional Social Service Leaders Exchange Programme” Application Form
- Applicants must be practicing social workers (ideally with formal social work education) or currently working in the social sector in their home countries
- At least 3 years of work experience in the sector
- Able to converse, read, and write effectively in English
Applicants must submit the following items:
- Completed application form
- A cover letter of application addressed to the Social Service Leaders Exchange Programme Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of the applicant’s background, current area of work, and reasons for applying to this programme.
- Updated CV, academic degree certificates, relevant professional training certification
- Two letters of recommendations from employers or other persons with significant knowledge of the applicant in a professional capacity.
- Closing Date of Application: 28th Feb 2017
- Selection will give priority to individuals who are in the best position to apply the skills and opportunities from the programme to their field.