About the exchange programme
The objectives of the programme are:
- To contribute to the skills and professional development of promising young social workers in the region.
- To increase awareness of the Ee Peng Liang Memorial Fund and its activities.
- To further the legacy of the late Dr Ee Peng Liang towards philanthropy and social development.
- Workshops in programme development:Covers core skills such as programme planning, proposal writing, budgeting, basic evaluation, and outcome reporting.
- Agency visits:Visits to social service agencies in Singapore where participants are briefed by social workers of the respective agencies. Participants will get to see how skills covered in training are put into operation during service delivery.
- Dialogue with policymakers:Offers a broader perspective on social sector development and social policy challenges in Singapore.
- Meeting with NUS social work faculty and students:Provides an overview of social service training and education experience in Singapore.
- Cultural experience
Participants are selected from Asia. Up to 15 participants from Asia may be selected. They will be joined by Singaporean participants.